In response to Spain to Spend €7bn-€10bn (It Doesn’t Have), Bailing Out Bankia, the Nation’s 3rd Largest Bank reader “Bran” who lives in Spain has an interesting set of comments:
“#hagamoscomoislandia” became a hot trending topic in Spain on twitter.
The Tweet means ‘Do as Iceland Did‘.
I see comments calling for demonstrations 12th May for ‘real democracy’.
Some offer bets that the first bank in flames will be Bankia.
Others point out that the budget for health and education this year is 5 billion euros, but the “bailout” of Bankia may be double that.
All the best, Bran.
A Twitter search for “#hagamoscomoislandia” turns up a hit with titles in English but comments in Spanish.
Google Translation says the page is already in English. However, I cut some of the comments and translated them. Here are the results.
- Not one euro for banks, prosecute the perpetrators of the crisis and a constitution written by the citizens!
- Education + health budget in 2012: 5,397 million euros. Rescue Bankia: 7,000 million euros
- Greece, under the control of the Troika, in bankruptcy. Iceland, after a revolution, Out of Crisis.
- 7,000 million euros for Bankia? To begin, No. # # HagamosComoIslandia RescatemosPersonas
- Trial of bankers and politicians, reappropriation of wealth plundered, new constitution and social justice
Mike “Mish” Shedlock
Click Here To Scroll Thru My Recent Post List