Six days ago Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan likened Germany’s cancellation of public appearances by two of his ministers to Nazi practices.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the Dutch were “fascists” after the government of the Netherlands blocked his foreign minister from attending a political rally in the country out of fear of public disorder.
In response, Turkey closed off access to the Dutch diplomatic posts in Ankara and Istanbul, citing security reasons.
“These are cowards, remnants of Nazis, these are fascists,” Erdogan said Saturday at a televised rally in Istanbul. “Let’s see how your planes will come to Turkey. I mean here diplomatic planes, not the travel of normal citizens.”
The Turkish foreign ministry said in a statement that it asked the Dutch ambassador to Ankara not to return to Turkey “for a while.”
When Will Migration Agreement Blow Up?
It’s a given, at least in my book, that Turkey has no future in the EU. But Merkel cannot come out and say that until after the German election on September 24.
I suspect Erdogan may unleash another wave of migrants this summer unless Germany gives into his demands. Summer is the perfect time to disrupt the German election.
- January 22, 2017: Erdogan Seeks Powers to Stay in Office Until 2029: Expect Perpetual State of Emergency
- November 10, 2016: Erdogan Lashes Out at EU, Threatens to “Open the Gates” for Refugees
- July 20, 2016: Erdogan Scorecard: 50,000 Detained or Fired Generals, Judges, Teachers, Police, Others
- May 30, 2016: Erdogan Says “Contraception is Treason, Women Not Equal to Men, Muslims Must Multiply Descendants”
- April 20, 2016: EU’s Refugee Dilemma: “Growing Panic” on How to Change Terms of Deal with Devil
- March 7, 2016: Devil Demands and Receives More Concessions from Merkel: In Bed with a Dictator
Those posts show exactly who Merkel got into bed with. She cannot admit mistake her now. And given her blatant stubbornness in general, I do not know if she will ever admit a mistake.
Meanwhile, Erdogan is growing increasingly agitated.
My July 16, 2016 question is still unanswered: Dear chancellor Merkel: When does Turkey join the EU? When do 80 million Turks have visa-free travel?
Mike “Mish” Shedlock