The phrase “President Hillary” has a strange sound to it.
But other than Supreme Court appointments, we may as well have elected her.
Let’s count the ways.
- Hillary would be going after Russia
- Hillary would be going after China
- Hillary would send more troops to Afghanistan
- Hillary would not scrap Obamacare, but neither did the Republicans
- Hillary would not overhaul the tax code and it appears neither will Trump
- Hillary would want to take away gun rights, but it would never pass Congress.
- Hillary would want more of your tax dollars, but huge tax hikes would not pass Congress either.
- Hillary would have scrapped the Trans-Pacific Trade Partnership (at least she claims she would have).
Let’s hone in on point number 3.
Hillary Clinton, Senator John McCain, and Senator Lindsey Graham are three of the biggest warmongers on the planet. Yesterday, Trump joined the group.
Candidate Trump said, “After 16 years – the longest war in US history – no one even remembers what we are fighting for in Afghanistan. The war is over. Not another American (or innocent Afghan) life for one of the most convoluted and idiotic wars in history!“
After 16 years, and trillions of dollars wasted, today Trump says “a few thousand more troops would help the US break the current stalemate against the Taliban.”
Trump also stated US support “is not a blank check.” Really? What else do you call perpetual war?
This is sadly funny: CNN reports: Trump argued his plan has a key difference from that of his predecessor: no timelines on the withdrawal of US troops.
That’s not a blank check?
Lindsey Graham Praises Trump
After the president’s speech at Fort Myer in Virginia on the military strategy for Afghanistan, Senator Graham had this to say: “To my colleagues in Congress, you will own a “no” vote. The next 9/11 will be your fault, not President Trump’s fault, if you shoot down this plan, because this is a solid plan.”
Pardon me for pointing out the similarities between Trump’s Afghanistan plan and the “domino theory” leading up to the Vietnam War.
For further discussion, ZeroHedge has an excellent article: Ron Paul Institute Statement On Trump’s Afghanistan Speech.
Transformation of Trump
For all the pissing and moaning about the need to “dump Trump”, here’s the sorry truth:
Hello president Hillary.
Mike “Mish” Shedlock